Product review


It's not very often that I buy something that leaves me compelled to really complain about it.  Sure, I've bought things that I don't like but it's more of an "eh, whatever" kinda moment.  However, I've made a couple purchases recently that have left me in a state of "I will never buy this again...even if it's on sale for a penny!"  They're that bad.



The first thing is Cottonelle Bath Tissue.  Who calls it bath tissue?  It's toilet paper folks!  Let's stop trying to be PC and call it what it is!  I originally bought it because A) it was on super sale and B) who doesn't love the super cute Lab puppy in all the commercials?  Personally I think they could get a better voice over than Zach Braff but that's neither here nor there.  It says it has aloe and ripples and all over sorts of features.  Can't be bad, right?  Wrong.  This stuff is not durable at all.  Don't even try and think of blowing your nose with this stuff because it rips and you end up with nasal juices all over your hands.  Yes, I blow my nose with toilet paper when I'm too lazy to search the house for the one tissue box we have.  Also, it leaves those dastardly toilet paper lint balls all over.  Case in point: I use toilet paper to remove mascara remnants off my eyelash curler. (Yes, I curl my lashes AFTER I put mascara on...it's the only way they stay curled)  When I then go to curl me lashes, I'm left with little white clumps of toilet paper in my lashes.  Not the glam look I'm going for.  The hubby is a HUGE fan of Cottonelle but since I'm the one who does all the grocery/superstore shopping, we're going with Charmin.  Big fan and it's nose-blowing safe.


Up next is the Neutrogena Wave face cleaner do-hickie.  This little gadget is the vibrating face cleanser.  One blogger I follow just bought the Clarisonic face cleaner and raves about it but at $199, that's a little out of my price range...especially for something that washes my face!  I know it's supposed to do wonders for your skin but I'm not dropping a couple of Benjamins on it.  So I decided to give the Wave a try after reading mainly positive reviews and it's definitely more in the Mandy price range of $13.  Throw in a $4 off coupon and I was the proud owner of the blue Wave.  I wanted the hot pink one but whatever.  It came with 14 face cleaning pads that are filled with cleanser that are supposed to foam up when activated by water and off you go vibrating over your lil face.  You may have seen the commercials and the girl's face is covered in foam!  Not exactly the case with the real life version.  I saw one pencil-eraser sized bubble on my face.  To say I was disappointed was an understatement.  I did, however, take a cue from one of the not-so-positive reviews I read on the Wave and put my own cleanser on the pad and it worked much better.  I even put a little exfoliater on the pads and vibrate away.  I'm not sure if I'll buy more of the pads when I run out...it just seems like a waste. 

So there you have it...a couple-a products that I think are a big drop in the bucket.  In the words of Reading Rainbow..."but you don't have to take my word for it."