What kind of allowance does this kid have?!?

I consider myself somewhat informed when it comes to the world of high end designers. I know who a lot of them are, I can usually pick out what piece belongs to whom and am slowwwly adding to my designer shoe collection (2 pairs of Christian Louboutin's in da house!). However, just because I know all this "invaluable" information (ha!) doesn't mean I actually put any of it to good use. Have you seen where I work and my income? Laughable at best.

I'm not a huge fan of some of the couture designs. They're just too weird and seriously, where are you going to wear these?

Running to Walgreens to pick up foot fungus creme?

PTA meeting?

While I'm sure there are many out there who share my same sentiments, there is a 13-year old fashion "prodigy" heating up the blogging and fashion scene with her blog. I stumbled across this girl on MSN's homepage and decided to take a look, for curiosity's sake.

First off, it's obvious the girl is smart...her blog is very well-written and spoken; not something too common from people even 20 years her senior. But her "style" (if you want to call it that) is a little too off the wall for my tastes

and while she's getting whisked away to sit front row at New York's Fashion Week (lucky girl), what is she going to do at the tender age of 13? Shouldn't she be enjoying being a kid and not acting like she's 30? She already had designers using her as their muse and over 4 million hits to her blog but I don't think I'll be the first in line to pick up a Tavi Gevinson shirt.

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Tavi-Gevinson.aspx?cp-searchtext=Tavi%20Gevinson&FORM=msnsea