The long winter's nap is over

This poor little blog has been a little neglected.  Oh there's been plenty going on in my life the last 3 months but I wasn't sure how to put it all into words as I was a little ferklempt about everything.  So...where to begin.  Go back to mid April when things were rolling along smoothly and the hubby got a call from his (and mine too) old boss, offering us both a job doing what we used to with a pretty decent pay raise.  And he needed an answer by the end of the day.  Oh okay!  Trying to decide if you're going to uproot your life in just a few hours kinda makes you a little stressed.  But the pros did outweigh the cons and we made plans to pack up and head East.  Leaving the job I had was a no-brainer as it was beyond horrible as far as working conditions go but I was sad to be leaving all the great things behind: friends, family, our church and my photography business was starting to take off.  But with this job opportunity would come financial security; something the job I was leaving didn't and wouldn't offer.  And financial security is pretty attractive if you ask me!

We've been out here in Pennsylvania since early May and there have been moments where I've been veeery tempted to pack my car back up and head west.  It's very humid here...and I hate humidity.  We are living in a motel room and are literally just at an exit off the highway in the middle of nowhere.  People and drivers out here are beyond aggressive and rude.  So yes, I miss home a lot.  But I'm keeping the big picture in focus, have my Big Girl Pants on and am just going with the flow for now.