Randomness

My mind works in random thoughts. Can be kinda annoying at times as I'm always forgetting what I was thinking about but can be quite entertaining for others..."speaking of getting my tetanus shot today, I need some new clothes." See? Random and not at all connected. So earlier today (I use 'so' a lot...maybe I should stop doing that) after seeing a super cute pic of a super cute French Bulldog, I actually entertained the idea of getting a 2nd, small dog for all of 4 minutes. How cute and cuddly and tote-able they are. So off I went to the Animal Planet website's Dog Breed Selector (can you tell I've visited it before?) and waited for it to tell me what small dog we'd now be the proud parents of.

See, the hubs and I have talked about adding another furkid to the fam but we've decided (more him than me; him being the more intelligent, level headed thinker) that it needs to wait until we have a house with a yard. A 3rd story, 2 bed 2 bath apartment with lots of furniture is drawing the line when you already have a dog/wacko like Finley. All I'll say is I'm sure our downstairs neighbors hate us & her. She's exhuberant I like to say.

The results are in: it said my choices were most compatible with a miniature American Eskimo dog. Um, no in all areas. 1) it has waaaay too much hair. 2) it has waaaay too much hair. Sorry, I don't do that kind of grooming. Finley's great in that she's wash-n-wear and because she has such short hair, I hardly brush her. That makes me sound like an awesome mom. Not satisfied with Animal Planet's obviously faulty system, I decide to check out their info on the aforementioned super cute Frenchie. As I'm reading through the breed's traits, I realize that yet again, my soft spot for all things dog has clouded my mind. It doesn't like hot weather (CO can get a little toasty during the summer), it snores, it drools, it doesn't like to swim (a fave Finley activity) and it has quite a few health concerns. Add that to the fact that Finley plays pretty rough. I blame that on her upbringing of going to work with me everyday as a puppy and getting worked by all the bigger, older dogs. She likes to shoulder check and will full on tackle you. There was also the "incident" involving a baby bunny a few years ago that thankfully I was not witness to, just heard about from my mom. Finley is a hunting dog from working hunting dog parents...she has a thing for small furry creatures. And not a good thing. Okay, so maybe I should just abandon this 2nd dog idea for a bit.