Thanksgiving

This year, I had plenty to be thankful for. While things may not be going just how I'd like them to, I chose to look on the bright side and count my blessings.

Originally, the plan had been for Dan and I to fly to Michigan and spend the holiday with his family and also attend our after-wedding reception that his parents so generously put together. But a little over a month ago, that changed when Dan was offered his old job back and in this economy, it wasn't something he could turn down. Now I'd be flying to Michigan by myself (already not a fan of flying) and Dan would meet me there. The Thanksgiving holiday was wonderful and spent with family and friends and you really couldn't ask for more. The things I'm thankful for this year:

  • My wonderful, wonderful husband. I love him more every day.
  • My health.
  • A wonderful family: those I was born with and those I married into.
  • Having a job, even if it's not my dream job.
  • Having a home.
  • Being able to pay all the bills every month.
  • Finley.
  • The beautiful views I have every morning on my drive to work.
  • Having found a truly awesome church to attend every week (when I'm home).
  • Dan...did I mention him already?

It's so easy to take things in life for granted (I'm guilty of this) but try and remember the little things that make life worth living everyday!