Why can't I be like the doll?

Last year while back in Colorado for a few days to pack up my belongings, I decided to really go wild and chop off 12 inches of my super long and super thick hair and go for the Posh Spice cut that everyone and their brother were getting at the time. I really loved it! Until we got back to Pennsylvania and the humidity reared its ugly head and reminded me why I keep my hair long...hello afro! Now I know for a fact that my hair can be blown out pretty straight and look as smooth as silk but I am no wizard with the blow-dryer and it ends up being a little more voluminous than I'd like. So after cursing my stupid idea to get all trendy, I vowed to grow my hair back out and wouldn't cut it like that again. What was I thinking?!?

Last night while watching an old episode of Friends, I found myself loving the cut Jennifer Aniston had. You know the one, the short 'do she rocked in, I believe, Season 6. It got me thinking about how much I liked the cute cut...and how much I hated that my hair is curly and I don't have a $500 an hour stylist to make mine cute like Jen's! No no no...definitely cannot get my hair cut again. But then I had another thought and started perusing ebay for Posh Spice type wigs and lookey what I found! Exactly how I would like it if I were to cut it again. It's not like I can afford the decent extensions that celebs are known for. But is it weird to go from long hair to short hair all in a 24 hour period? Not sure yet...